Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Easter Basket and Card

Finally my camera and computer are working together!! I have been wanting to post this to my blog for a while but technology has not been playing nicely together!!


I made this card and Easter basket for when I went up to for my Do Crafts demo at Howden's in Inverness last Saturday. I wanted to show how you can use the Papermania papers for anything! The Pampered Pets papers are just perfect for Easter and the pastel colours look beautiful together.


The basket is made from a piece of 6 x 6 inch paper. I scored it at 2 inch around each side, next cut a long the lines shown in the diagram. Next I glued together section A to B leaving the middle piece on the inside. Repeat this with C and D. For the handle cut a 1 inch strip of paper and secure inside the basket. Finish by decorating the basket as you wish!

The Xcut Rebekah Lace die is perfect for using as a embellishment for the sides of the handles along with some Papermania Capsule petals.
I used the lace die again for the central piece of my card along with the Pampered Pets 8 x 8 decoupage set.


Hope you have fin creating Easter goodies and hopefully not eating too many eggs!!!
xx

6 comments:

Deanna's Creations said...

Gorgeous basket!...
I have a little award for you on my blog
www.deannascreations.blogspot.com

Jenny Marples said...

Beautiful Beckie. The pastel colours work so well and I love the way you have added dimension to the flower element and 'woven' around the basket handle. You do come up with such pretty projects x

Kathy said...

Beckie, these are fabulous

Macpurp said...

oh this is so pretty, I missed this at your demo.
I love the soft colours.


love Teen x

Claire Phillips said...

Lovely basket and card - fab colours and I really like the flower design. Cheers Claire x

Brandi said...

I love that little Easter Basket. So Cute! Perfect to put a few goodies in.