Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Party Planning and a Painted Lady

Brrr, how cold is it today! While I was taking photos of the little things I created today I found a warm spot on the floor that is getting the full effects of the sunshine that I nearly stayed there, if it hadn't been for my alarm being a way off I would have done! Today I have been getting ready for my eldests party and wanting to watch cost's we decided to make a few bits and bobs. This was also a great way for me to use up the little snippets of paper that we as crafters just hate to throw away!
First I made these little note pads to go in the goody bags. I saw Jane, at the last crop I went to making these up with her mum and thought they were perfect. Quick and easy to make and no fuss, the little note books came from Tesco and cost the grand price of 30p. I used left over papers from Material Girl by Cosmo Cricket, this paper collection is just perfect and not too girlie. The little butterflies are from Papermania as is the border punch.

Then with the left overs from the left overs I made up some little place cards for the table. This year we are having a 'posh' dinner so place cards were a must ;) The place cards come from Papermania and are shimmered. Beautiful! The punch I used to make the flowers was from Stamping Up.

For the past couple of weeks we have been having fun watch some minute caterpillers grow into big hairy ones and then change to butterflies.

It has been so much fun waking up in the mornings seeing if they had changed and hatched!

As you can imagine when the first one did there was great excitement (and a mess on my walls!), but with everything in nature we had to say a find farewell to them and send them out into the big wide world. Here is one of the painted ladies we hatched.

Hope your days is filled with crafting and smiles
xxx

4 comments:

Erika said...

Looks like you've been busy Beckie.
I'd love to do the butterfly thing must look into it for the boys.

Macpurp said...

these are lovely! what beautiful butterfly pictures.

love tina x

Clare said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I bet they loved them !!! There is an award for you, gorgeous girlie on my blog!

Love, Clare x

Heidi E. said...

Great butterfly pictures my friend.. Glad you are doing well.. Thinking of you...xoxo