Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Friends and Photos

I am back spending an amazing week up at one of my favourite places in the world with some of my favourite people. The highlands of Scotland are just fantastic! I love that you can get on your bike and ride through the forest and you can climb up mountains which surround you.



My brother was with us too and he has become a keen photographer in the last few months. He mainly takes shots down the beach and people out in the water but he was keen to teach me some of his tricks and I had a ball listening and learning new things with my camera. It was awesome as well to play with his amazing kit!! He has a gallery at Emerald Surf Wear if you fancy seeing some of his work.

Teaching Little People

I managed to get a huge amount of pictures for scrapping and can't wait to get started on them but I really need to get them backed up on to a external hard drive. I
have heard of so many people loosing precious photos that I need to get it done and soon.


Today I thought I would share a card that I made using a page from the Papermania acrylic albums. I love easel cards, the original is the one I enjoy creating the most, as you can do so much with them. I like to try and use different types of media for the 'pop up' section of the card and acrylic or acetate are one of my favourites.


For this I created my design on the acrylic page before adhering it to the card, it works in the same way as adding a sheet of card stock, just make sure that know glue is showing at the top!!


The papers I have used are from We R Memory Makers and I love them.
Hope you had a wonderful weekend and enjoyed all the amazing sun!
Thanks for stopping by
xx

2 comments:

Sarah Louise said...

Glad you are having a great time up north. We took the babe out for her first peep of highland sunshine. Think we did a 10 mile round trip, got carried away with the fine weather, lol

Great Project, one of my favourite collections

Gill McCall said...

LOVE this one so cute. Glad youve been having a good time - where were you? Are you still coming up here this friday?