Pages

Thursday, June 02, 2011

Get Well Fairies

Who loves fairies?
Who doesn't??
I know someone who loves fairies more than any other person!!
A few days ago I received an email from Lisa asking me to take part in a fun little challenge to make someone smile.
Gill, who is well known for setting blog hops (see my side bar) and participating in challenges, has been quite unwell. So Lisa asked if we could create something special for Gill.
Knowing that she loves fairies and all things that glitter (she sparkles at my demo's!!) I decided to make a wee picture using the Midnight Fairy collection from Papermania.


The frame is a teenie one which I found in Tescos a while back. I covered it with the vellums in the range before adding a good thick layer of Glitz Glitter Glue. The little blue flowers are made using my crafting addiction at the moment .... the Xcut quilling dies, yes I did say quilling! As I have said before they make the most amazing flowers!


The large circle embellishment in the centre of the card is also and Xcut die. It is one of the lacing dies called Rebekah, I am so glad they got the spelling right ;) It makes such wonderful back drops to you embellishments. The fairy is a sticker from the Midnight Fairies and as it was so flimsy I put it onto acetate before cutting it out and applying it to the card.
These are on there way in the post, I really hope they make her smile!
Get well soon Gill xxx
Hope you have a fabby day everyone!
xxx

**Edited to Add : If you scroll down a few posts I have a mini giveaway. It ends tomorrow!**

3 comments:

LisaG said...

Beautiful Beckie!

Thank you so much for taking part. I know it will make Gill smile!

Thank you and well done.

Lisa xx

Carol said...

I am sure Gill will love the fairies and they will lift here spirits.

Carol B
ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

Gill McCall said...

Beckie thank you for them both as they are gorg - they arrived on saturday and did make me smile - a smile to take a break from the pain! it was such a lovely idea of lisa to do this for me as i really appreciate it. im slowly recovering but ive mastered the art now of "bed crafting" - i did some tatty ted and safari boudoir cards and surpassed my expectations for being in bed!! thanks again. x