Pages

Friday, November 23, 2012

Changing Old into New

I was watching Kirstie Allsop new tv programme the other day (the latest on is sitting recorded ready to watch) and it started the brain cells to what I could change in the house!!  I adore the sanded effects of furniture but I would go white washed.  I am definitely going to go and hunt out some of these tiny shops that sell old furniture!

With that in mind when I did a project for the Do Crafts blog this week I challenged myself to make something out of old packaging.  It wasn't long before I found something!


This is my photo version


This is my 'topper' version!

So can you guess what I used?

The details of how I made these projects and what I used can be found {HERE} on the Do Crafts blog.

Have fun up-cycling!
Beckie :)

4 comments:

Kathy said...

This is lovely Beckie - I really like all the patterned holly leaves

Zoe said...

These are great xxx

Linda Simpson said...

Two beautiful cards and loving the holly leaves.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Both gorgeous, I love the holly leaves, it's definitely worth looking out for tatty old furniture that could look pretty with some tlc, I do stuff like this all the time and you can pick things up really cheaply, it's lots of fun too
Lindsay xx