Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The Countdown To Christmas Is On!

Time really does fly, no sooner has Halloween left flying off on her lonesome broom than we see the shops filled with reds and greens and all things that glitter and sparkle.  It can only mean one thing ....

{Christmas is on the way and I love Christmas!}

I have an advent calendar to help me get even more excited about the 24th of December when Santa comes to visit.  I know that the shelves are filled with advent calendars with chocolate waiting behind every door but I just love the ones with the simple bell, present or maybe a big bow which are revealed as the wee door is opened each day.

So when I was making some goodies to sell I created this


The papers I used here are the Papermania Country Companions Winter Wishes.  I love the colours and fun little designs on the papers.  I even dug out my Sizzix Smoothie Alphabet dies for the numbers!


I made it to look like a little drum.  The countdown are just blocks from my little peoples old toys ( I remember saying that I'll use them one day!!)


and of course the wee hedgie is just adorable clutching his poinsettia.  Adding a decoupage adds some texture to the base of the countdown.

After making a few of these I am hopeful that they will make other people smile as they count down to Christmas themselves.

Have a great day
Beckie :)

3 comments:

Chris said...

Hi Beckie, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

Macpurp said...

oh that's fab! good luck with selling your xmas goodies xx

love Teen x

Anonymous said...

What a cute way to countdown to Christmas. Miss having young ones at home and all that daily excitement! Thank you for sharing.