Pages

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Beyond The Page - Oriental Chic


Hello, today I am here to share with you a little 'Beyond The Page' project I made using Ruby Rock-it's Oriental Chic collection which is Japanese inspired and has some beautiful nature embellishments to go with it.  I have always liked changing plain items into something with a little more colour and this little case was a great find and perfect as holder for all kinds of things.


I used an {Ikea Rektangel vase}, which is an easy shape to dress up with papers and embellishments.


First I cut some of the {Oriental Chic Miscellanea paper} to cover around the edges of the vase.  I found it easier to measure the width and then cut the paper to size before adding it to the vase.  As the papers are double sided it gives a really stunning effect with the foil side shinning through the inside.


For the front panel I cut on of the {Oriental Chic Phraseology} sections and then put it through the {Spellbinders Tweets and Twigs M-Bossabilities}.  I lightly inked the embossed image to give it some definition.

I then built up the front by using the {Spellbinders Jewel Flowers and Flourishes Shapeabilities} dies to create some swirls and flowers on the left side which helped to set off the foiled butterfly square from the {Oriental Chic Micellanea paper}.


The gold 'smile' is from the {Oriental Chic die-cut pack} and I added this to finish off the front section.  I kept the sides and back fairly simple as I didn't want to distract from the front.  The beautiful gold stickers from the card stock sticker sheets really helped to add some glitz to the side of the vase.

So if you fancy having a go with here is the products that I used


Happy Creating!


No comments: