Pages

Friday, May 30, 2014

Ruby Rock-It Featured Product ~ Oriental Chic


Good morning everyone, I hope this finds you in a crafty mood as I have something fun to share with you today.

I have really enjoyed working with the Oriental Chic this month.  As previously mentioned I love the blues and reds of this collection and even though they have the Oriental feel with the pretty cherry blossoms and lanterns, I love the touch of vintage that can been seen.

And here is what I created ........


Products Used :  RRBF Oriental Chic

I used a mannequin as the base and painted it with cream acrylic paint as it had a lot of patterns on it that didn't co-ordinate with the papers.  Once it had dried I made up the skirt.  This was done by simply wrapping some paper around the body and measuring the size needed.


I then edged the skirt with some ribbon using some therm.o.web icrafts adhesive tape (which is fabulous btw)

I folded over some lace trim to border the skirt as well.  When this was all done I added it to the mannequin and secured in place.


To crete the little apron I used one of the notelet journal pieces and snipped around the edges to give it a frilled effect.



Next I decorated the side of the dress with some of the die-cut shapes. 



And because I was so enjoying my time creating I made a matching card .......



So if you are enjoying these new collections and would like to try some out, head on over to the Ruby Rock website and see where your local stockist is.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by


No comments: