Pages

Friday, June 06, 2014

DCM - June Colour Palette

The new dare is up over on the Daring Cardmakers blog and it's colour palette week.
Kathy chose this beauty with hues of purples and a splash of black and dared us (and you) to create a card using it as inspiration.


Here is the card I made


This is my favourite stamp at the moment and is 'Dancin Mae' from Some Odd Girl.  It really sums me up really!! I decided to colour (not well) Mae in purples and greys and used a mix of Promarkers and Kurecolor pens to do this.  The lilac card really makes the image pop and I just love the Spellbinder Nestabilities Lacy Circles die to mat it on.



The flowers down the side are the Jewel Flowers and Flourishes Cut - Emboss - Stencil dies from Spellbinders and I have been able to use them in my Xcut Xpress machine with the tan mat so I have edges are embossed.  

I have found that you need to set the dial on the Xcut Xpress machine to 5 - 5.5 and then run it through again with the tan mat on top.  The beauty of the Xpress machine is that it can be tweaked ever so slightly to get the perfect cut/emboss!


The papers behind are from one of Ruby Rock-it's older wedding releases, Two Hearts Flourish but are still fantastic to use.  I often get asked too which ink I have used so here I have used the Brilliance Black ink and clear embossing powder.

The rest of the Dare Cardmakers DT have made some beauties too so please do head on over and take a look!

Have a wonderful day!
Beckie :)

1 comment:

Lythan said...

that is one cute image and I love all the swirls and flowers that surround ehr