Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Colouring In!

I have been wanting to master the art of colouring in adult style and I still have a long way to go and need lots more practise!! Do Crafts recently started to stock Zig products so I was excited when I was able to play with some of the Art and Graphic pens they do.


They have a fabby tip, more like a sponge than a fibre tip. One end is thick and the other end is thin for more adding more detail. They are water based too.
The little Country Companion stamp is also from Do Crafts and coming in a build a scene format means you can create some fun cards.


First I stamped the door image on to white card stock before adding the colour. To make the pens into water colours I gently coloured on some acetate with the thick end of the pen and used the water brush to apply the colour to the stamped image. I then did the same with other stamps from the sheet and cut them out before applying them to the scene with foam pads.


I used the Xcut Lacy Leaf punch to edge the bottom of the card. Loving this punch too as it is so easy to use!
At the moment I am rather addicted to these pens! Do I really need another addiction!? Mmmm me thinks so!
Enjoy your day!
xx

2 comments:

Wiccababe said...

Wow Beckie, well there's not a damned thing wrong with your colouring is there! fab card missus
Debz
xx

Macpurp said...

this is just so very sweet, love the card you have made.

love teen x