Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Catching Our Dinner

02-RRCT- blogg banner (2)

To me scrapbooking is all about taking the memories we have made and making them into treasured pieces of creativity for future generations to see.  I love it when I walk into the lounge and my little people are browsing though my albums remembering all the good times.

We had a recent trip to one of my favourite places on earth ever and I thought I would share with you a little post about why I decided to scrap these photos taken on a fishing trip while there ....

Wed pics

These photos were taken of the little people showing us their 'catch' while out fishing!  They were all so proud of what they caught and some were keener to show it off than others! I luckily was behind the camera as you wouldn't catch me holding a fish!  
I wanted to use these photos as this was such a special time for them and also to show the girls that they did 'once' hold a slimy fish!!
I used the Ruby Rock-It {Camping Mini Theme} collection which was just perfect for these photos.
Here is the finished layout

RRBF Wed Beckie Dreyer

The 6x4 photo as to set the story showing them waiting patiently for a fish to bite.  While the smaller photos show the main point of making the layout.

Wed  2

I used some yellow paint on the {Fundamentals Kraft Alphabets} as I wanted them to co-ordinate with the paper and stand out on the wood effect paper.  When the paint was dry I added some black dots down one edge.  The {Fundamentals Chocolate Petites} help to start the title off.

Wed 4

I love the way this layout turned out and had fun remembering their excitement as they each reeled in their fish as I was creating it.
I hope you are inspired to print out some photos of a special time you have had and make those memories come alive for all to see years down the line.
Have a great day!
Beckie

No comments: