Pages

Saturday, July 12, 2014

A Little Bag Charm


When I opened my box of goodies from Epiphany Crafts, I was rather excited about one of the products sent to me.  I used the beautiful Ruby Rock-It Heritage collection along with the Epiphany Crafts Metal Charms to create this wee bag charm.


The Heritage collection comes with fantastic embellishments which included 3D butterflies but for this I was drawn to using the wood vaneer.

I painted the bird cage using some metallic paint as I wanted it to look like metal.  Once it had dried I added some bling and lace .


Next I inked one of the flowers from Ruby Rock-It's Oriental wood vaneer with some Tim Holtz distress inks.


These little charms from Epiphany crafts are brilliant for framing mini photos and matching embellishments.  The photo I used was tiny but I was able to get the two faces in and sealed with the circular bubbles.  


The little beads I threaded on the wire, which hold the photo charms, are strips of the Heritage paper rolled up and secured with glue.


To finish the bag charm I glued an extra piece of paper at the back of the bird cage after securing the charms in place. Then I added a key chain and tied some ribbon around the top.



No comments: