Who doesn't love Pinterest?! I can waste hours trawling through beautiful creations and get really inspired by what people create.
It was here I stumbled across a project which I thought would work with Ruby Rock-It Fundamentals vellum perfectly!
So for Technique Tuesday I thought I would share how I made mine using the inspiration on Pinterest and with these few items
Battery Operated Tealight
Old Jam Jar
First I took a sheet of Ruby Rock-It Fundamental plain vellum and added it to my paper draw on my printer. I have an inkjet printer and it worked just fine. I printed out a picture 6 x 4" and had the paper settings to 'plain'. As you can see from the picture below it looks a bit blurred but this is because the ink in still wet. It didn't take long to dry out, but make sure it is before you touch it!!
Next I trimmed it to size and added thin tape along the edges before adding it to the jar
I then die cut lots of different flowers using the spellbinders die in different patterns of vellum
The Ruby Rock-It vellum's are really sturdy, meaning you can really play with them to make an item you have cut from it really 3D. Once I had finished cutting, I added them around the photo on the jar. I finished by embellishing the flowers with bling and added some wedding flowers.
This was really simple to make and a lot of fun too. The jar comes alive when the lights get low and the candle flickers behind the picture.
Thanks for stopping by