Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

A Scottish Theme

Today I am here to share some Scottish themed cards with you which I was inspired to make when I saw the *new* Purple Haze Paperz from Bella!

The luxurious purples just reminded me of the hills when they are laden with heather …. so what better than to share a wee bit of Scotland with you.


The little scotty dog is my favourite so I thought I would share with you how I made it.  The technique of how to make a stand up card using dies can be used for many designs.

I used the Sizzix Scotty dog die and die cut one in the Bella Indigo Hearts & Strips Paperz.


I then cut one of the Bella! Purple Haze Segments and placed this on the die in the centre of the dogs back which I then die cut and then cut into the shape of a rug on it's back.  I inked the edges with Tim Holtz Mowed Lawn distress ink and faux stitched around the edge.  I added a gold collar and then added the rug with foam pads.


To create the little thistle on the collar I simple cut a few strips in the purple and cut some small slits before rolling it with the colour on the inside.  This way I could push the centre out to create the effect of the thistle.



 Cutting a thin strip from the Lime Bella Hearts and Stripes Paperz I rolled it to create a coil which I then inserted the thistle into before adding it to the collar along with some leaves.


I added a Bling Heart and Alpha Letters to personalise the card.


Next I needed to create the stand up card.  To do this I took one of the Fundamental Black cards and placed the fold on to the centre of the dog on the die making sure it cover the back, as shown :


It then gave the card base which I could attach my decorated Scotty Dog 'Morag' on!



The thistle card was made by using a circular punch and sticking thin strips of purple haze paper to the reverse of them to create the spikes on a thistle.



The Crafter Choice bling rhinestone letters were so perfect for adding a big bold Scotland and of course a wee bit of sparkle!
I also love the Fundamental Alpha Stickers … they are my go to product for cards.

Products Used
Crafters Choice Adhesive Rhinestone Letters
Sizzix Scotty Dog Die

I hope you have enjoyed the wee bit of Scotland I have shared today
Till next time





No comments: