Pages

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Beyond The Page - Teachers Gift & Card


It's that time of year again when I head into the craft room and start creating thank you gifts for the teachers.  When I was sent the Ruby Rock-It Heritage I just loved the colours of it. Beautiful and soft with a vintage feel to it which is something I am enjoying working with at the moment.


Product Used :

If you are anything like me you'll have what seems to be a million and one empty jam jars so I decided to decorate one of them so we could fill it with sweets for the teacher.


I cut strips of paper and then added them around the jar along with some lace trim to add some texture.  The Bella! bling on the brown paper really finished it off.




I then had a lot of left overs so decided to make a card that would coordinate with the decorated jar.  


As I only wanted a small card I used the packaging of the bling as I just love the scripted background.  I needed to cover the back of the card so I used on of the die-cuts from the pad and trimmed off any excess.


The butterflies in this collection are brilliant embellishments and I even cut some from the papers to add to the card.


My littlest person is really looking forward to filling this with some treats for her teacher.

Hope you are inspired to get decorating your old jam jars!!

Thanks for stopping by

No comments: