Pages

Friday, November 28, 2014

Kiss The Cook

Recenty I was asked to create some thing for Creating Keepsakes blog and was so excited when it was also published on the Papercrafts blog!! Here is the project I shared which I made using Ruby Rock-It's Country Cookin range.  The new Country Cookin is filled with a rich retro colour palette and the embellishments all about cooking, it's just perfect to set your creative taste buds on fire!



Supplies
Lace and Ribbon
Mannequin

Mannequins are so much fun to alter and there are many different styles to be found.  This one has a solid body and came with a pattern on it so I decided to paint the top half of it with cream paint first.


The following measurements are based on the mannequin above, you will need adjust for yours.

I cut a 4 x 12" piece from the Country Cookin Floral paper.  On one of the short sides mark at 2 " and 3.75" on the long side.  Cut between the lines and repeat on the other side so your paper will look like this


Place some double tape around the edges of the as shown and then add some ribbon over the edges.


Flip it over and then add a thin line of glue around the edge before adding some of the brown twine.


Cut two 2 x 6" pieces and one 2 x 3" pieces from the Country Cookin Gingham paper.  Ink and glue the smaller piece to the centre of the mannequin.
Punch one edge of the two longer pieces and ink.  Trim with some Bella! bling and add to the top.


Wrap the skirt around the body and some lace around the 'waist', this will hide any joins that maybe showing.


To make the apron I cut the largest Spellbinder Scallop Circles in the County Cookin Splotch paper, inked and pierced the edges.  I then added some brown ribbon on the top and trimmed off the excess before tying it around the waist.  I then added a little pocket and add the wood vaneer spoon in it.  


I then finished the mannequin by adding a mixture of the Country Cookin diecuts and to top it all off I used the chef hat one the top.

There are so many wonderful things that can be made with this collection like a recipe book filled with your grandma's favourite foods or use the patterns on the reverse sides to scrap your everyday photos!

Thank you for allowing me to share my project with you today

No comments: