Pages

Friday, April 01, 2016

A little lantern light


I am so loving that the clocks have gone forward and that the evenings are drawing out meaning more time for chilling outside.  

Today I have a little lantern to share with you which I made with the Faded Empire and iWood collections to help shed a little light on my outside table.


Product Used
Fundamental Flowers
WoW Embossing Powders

First of all I create a rectangle shape in the iWood papers before cutting out some apertures.  I wanted to have a frosted effect on the 'glass' so I used some tracing paper.  
Using the Faded Empire stamps, Versa mark ink and WoW white embossing powder I created a border along the top edge.  


I then used the keyhole stamp and add this to the centre, but instead of the white embossing powder I used a clear one so that it looked like a watermark.  I then added them to the sections on the inside of the panels.



I assembled the lantern together and then decorated the base with some different flowers cut out from the Faded Empire papers mixing and matching the colour scheme.


I love the mellow lighting it gives off and think I'll be making some more to add all around outside .... as long as the rain holds off!

Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by


No comments: