Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2019

Spring Garland with RRBF

Hello, today I have a little Spring garland to share with you that I made to put in my dining room for the Easter weekend.  
I was inspired to make daffodils as they are all in bloom at the moment.


I love making flowers up and have quite a few dies which I switch between using.  
The little tutorial here can be adapted with any of your flower dies which you may have.


First I cut some petals in a range of yellow papers from RRBF.  The Fusion collection is brilliant for this.  I also used the Foiled Hearts and Strips collection.


Next I inked the edges of each of the petals with Tim Holtz Burnt Marmalade and the blending tool to create a subtle edge.  To achieve this start on your mat in circular movements before coming in and catching the edge of your paper.


Next I cut some circles out and then cut to the centre in a spiral.  I then spun them around starting from the out side until I came to the middle where I secured them with a glue gun.


Once all my pieces where ready I put them all together to create the flowers.  Paper is so pliable so I was able to move the petals in to the way I wanted them to look.


Next came the finishing touches … the gorgeous little gold rain drops were perfect to add 'stigma' to the flower.  
My leaves were die cut out of the Greenery papers.  The different patterns on the paper give some dimension to the leaves.


I took large length/amount of raffia and added a bow in the centre and glued the flowers to it.  I had some 3D butterflies which were in my DT kit from when I was on the team a few years back which I added too.  It's always good to see what wee gems may be hidden in your crafting stash!


This garland can be adapted to anytime of the year using different coloured flowers.  How amazing would it look at a wedding or made into a corsage?

RRBF Products Used
Crafters Choice Raindrops Gold
RRBF Decoupage Butterfly (this is an older product!)

Other Products
Rafia
Flower Die Xcut Flower
Tim Holtz Burnt Marmalade 

I hope I have inspired you to be creative today!

No comments: