Pages

Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Bag from Pocket Pages

Good morning everyone!  
Today I am here to share with you the rather cute Empire Bebe range, which is part of the new Essence family.  It is so gorgeous and perfect for any new little people who have recently arrived or just to create with as it is so flippin' cute.  The designs are fantastic and I have to say I was a little biased at the Kangeroo!  The soft greys, white and browns are perfect for all.
Spring is in the air and all around I can see signs of new life and it inspired me  to create a bag come wall hanging with Empire Babe for someone who is close to me and growing so fast each day.

Empire Babe Feature 1


I used the pocket pages to create the bag (though plastic, I wouldn't use this in the rain!!).  Each of the pockets hold a little snippet of this young lady growing.  I turned the pockets around so the spine was on the top.
I created each of the little layouts and put them inside the pockets before sewing them in place with a sewing machine.

Empire Babe Feature 3

The building cards with the quotes on have to be my favourite thing at the moment.  Wondering what to write on your layouts and voila you are bound to find something that would suit.

For the back page I kept it quite simple and added a 12 x 12 page into another pocket page.

Empire Babe Feature 2

I had wanted to sew the two sides together but my sewing machine was really not playing ball.  I was so frustrated as I had been thinking about it for a few days.  My DD suggested that I tied the bag together with ribbons ..... and it worked a treat.

Empire Babe Feature 5

Now I have a little bag filled with many memories of the growing little person and at the same time there she has a little bag to secure all her messages in or prehaps she may just decided to hang it on her wal!

Have a wonderful day
Beckie :)

No comments: