Pages

Wednesday, June 05, 2019

Cafe Dream Vision

Good Morning!  

Today I am here to share something a little different with you.  We were challenged this month to make a vision board and this is what I came up with … 


It seem natural for me to share my dream of one day owning my own coffee shop. 
Here is how my vision board came together.  
First I collected all my pictures, quotes and cuttings from magazines.


I dusted off an old picture frame and arranged the pictures on the frame so that I could see a rough plan of how I wanted it too look. I took a photo of it so and cold place the photos back on once I had made the background.


To make the back ground I cut strips of glitter card and made a frame the size of the backing board.  I repeated this with the pebbles paper from the Bella! Coast range.  I then finished off the centre with a piece of the rope paper.  I choose this paper as my dream place for opening a café would be near the sea, and these papers could not cry out 'sea' any louder!

Next I made some tags as backings for the quotes I had cut out.  I used a few different tag shapes in the fundamentals range to add some variety.  For this tag I inked around the edges and then cut some corrugated card to back the quote on.



On this tag I created a back ground by adding some white dots to the inked edges and scratching the edges of the paper with scissors to create a worn look.


These are a selection of the tags that I made which I have used on the .  It is a good way to use all the little cut offs from the collections.


I then placed all of the pictures on to the backing board and tweaked them to how I wanted the final piece to look.  




So for now I have this on the wall to remind me of my dream and I will look at it daily to remind me of the vision that I have …. now I just need to make it happen!

Products Used
Glitz Card Stock - Powder
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Salty Sea

I hope you are inspired to create your own vision board!

No comments: