Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

Count To Christmas

Really it's not far away!

Today I had my first gingerbread latte (because they had run out of the Pumpkin Spice ...pah!) and it's got me in the mood to post a little creation I made the other day with some of the Doodlebug North Pole collection and a Doodlebug blank house that I had in one of my crafty drawers.


I become a huge big kid when Christmas comes to town and I love the build up so decided to make a wee countdown so each day I change the numbers I can get more excited!!


I made this tree by wrapping a semi circle cut from the papers and cutting into the bottom edge.  I then cut a small hole at the top and gently pushed them on to a wooden kebab stick.  I decorated it with the really cute poppit robins .... how adorable are they!


For the little count down I made some plagues which I stuck some of the numbers on to.  The glittery border was added with some foam pads so it created a little shelf to hang the plaques on too.


Finally the house was covered with loads of the papers and on the door step I used some of the Doodlebug rub ons to add the 'days till christmas'.  The papers are so bold and cheery and I love the traditional colours of them! This is now sitting on the side waiting till the 1st December .... a little healthier than the chocolate version!!

Hope you have had or do have a crafty day

Thanks for stopping by
Beckie :)

2 comments:

Lia said...

Fabulous Becky ..the colours are so christmasy too.

Lia said...

Fabulous Becky ..the colours are so christmasy too.