Pages

Saturday, March 09, 2019

Letting Off Some Steam

Good morning … 
I am super excited to share with you my first DT creation since being back on the team. 

After delving into my box of goodies it was the Bella Mini Theme Steamworks collection that jumped out at me and this is what I created with it.  



The steamworks papers has some amazing inspirational quotes perfect for a climber which drew me to this collection.  

To start with I ripped a piece off the Steamworks Invention paper and inked it before sticking it to the bottom of some grey card stock.  Next I cut out a hot air balloon and the gentleman on his flying machine and inked them and left them to one side.  From the Steamworks Odds & Ends paper I cut some quotes, pictures and a strip of paper from the reverse of the paper as shown as in the picture on the right.


I can't resist a bit of fussy cutting, so the cogs on the Clockwork paper where just crying out to be snipped in to!


I also cut a line from the Glitzy Gold Paper Fish Chevron paper following the glittered chevron as a guide.  Then I built up the back ground of the layout tucking the cogs behind the papers.  I attached a line of twine along the centre.


I sandwiched one of the quotes between two different sheets of card stock before adding the photo.


To create the feel of the climbing wall I cut some climbing hold shapes out of corrugated card and inked them before attaching them randomly up one side of the layout.


To finish the layout I did some more fussy cutting of the clock and add some of the wood veneer shapes, letters and arrows.


RRBF Products
Wood Veneer Shapes and Alphabets

I hope I have inspired you to get creating today!  
Thanks for stopping by


No comments: